Space Dave Live #16
Aired: Wednesday 10th July 2019, 7pm (NZT). Watch on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QlJPa4T_3I
Intro & housekeeping
- Last week's competition (should Rocket Lab disclose all payloads?): Yes 22%, No 78%.
- Competition: Should New Zealand spend more money on astronomical research?
- Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/SpaceCentre
- Google Hangouts
- Schools (Puketaha), holidays.
- ISS over Hamilton Observatory, photo by Shane Easton.
- New Zealand will not pursue associate membership in the SKA Observatory:
- LightSail 2 update:
- Orion in-flight launch abort test:
- Eric Berger's NASA/Boeing/SpaceX tweet:
Eric Berger's Artemis reality check:
- Russian Spektr-RG on track for July 12 launch attempt (thanks James Mason):
http://www.russianspaceweb.com/spektr-rg-launch.htmlRussian/German high-energy astrophysics space observatory
- Roscosmos pursuing reusable rockets:
- Russia Will Train the First Indian Astronauts:
- Switzerland’s SpaceBok jumping robot:
- Artificial gravity research:
- Amazon files FCC request to launch 3,236 Internet satellites:
- OST 1967: "Outer space, including the moon and other celestial bodies, is not subject to national appropriation by claim of sovereignty, by means of use or occupation, or by any other means." Individuals can't buy land unless it was originally owned by a state.