Space Dave Live #20
Wednesday 7th August 2019, 7pm (NZT). Watch on YouTube at www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqq0XO1omAk
Space Centre News
- New Patreon supporter: Isaac Mason
- Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/SpaceCentre
- Competition: Who will be the next country or organisation to land people on the Moon?
Prize: Lego-compatible space probe
Winner: Vienna Seabright
- TMT could be built in the Canary Islands instead of Hawaii.
- SpaceX CRS-18 landing video: twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1155567236716740608
- Beresheet Spilled Tardigrades on the Moon:
- Recent launches: Progress (Soyuz), Blagovest No.14L (Proton), Intelsat 39 & EDRS-C (Ariane 5), AMOS-17 (Falcon 9).
- Upcoming launches: Geo-IK-2 (Rokot), AEHF, Electron, Soyuz, GPS.
- Superheavy plans filing with EPA: netspublic.grc.nasa.gov/main/20190801_Final_DRAFT_EA_SpaceX_Starship.pdf
- NASA Announces US Industry Partnerships to Advance Moon, Mars Technology:
- NASA, SpaceX Earn Emmy Nomination for Demo-1 Mission Coverage:
"Little Earth" plush toy: www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S647Y37/
- LightSail 2 Spacecraft Successfully Demonstrates Flight by Light:
- Gilmour Space Technologies anomaly:
- Space insurer Swiss Re stops insuring rockets due to "bad results of recent years and unsustainable premium rates".
- American trust in scientists increases:
- China's micro lunar orbiter crashes into Moon under control:
- Mars 2020 Rover gets fuelled:
- Milky Way galaxy is warped and twisted, not flat:
- Scientists discover a new type of pulsating star:
- What is the Fate of the Universe?
- Tim Minchin & Brian Cox Galaxy Song: www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WqPGAJcp5c
- Turning the Earth into a telescope: www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgOTZe07eHA
- New concerns for neurocognitive function during deep space exposures to chronic, low dose rate, neutron radiation (Suggested by Rob):