Space Centre Compliance Documents
Our Health & Safety Policy
Te Awamutu Space Centre is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy working environment for our workers and other persons in the workplace. Health and safety is everyone's responsibility and everyone is expected to act safely at all times to ensure their own welfare and that of their fellow workers and others in the workplace.
We will ensure the safety of those using the facilities by:
- Providing and maintaining a safe environment.
- Ensuring all plant and equipment is safe.
- Ensuring fire extinguishers are serviced annually by an external supplier.
- Ensuring all workers and other people are not exposed to uncontrolled hazards and the associated risks.
- Developing and implementing emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Maintaining Te Awamutu Space Centre as a smoke and drug free environment.
To download a document, right-click the link and select "Save As..." or "Save Link As...".
Health & Safety
Risk Assessment & Management Form for visiting the Space Centre:
It's unlikely that you'll need to see our entire Health and Safety manual but just in case, here it is:
For some activities such as sleepovers, a police check may be required for all adult leaders. You can download an official police check document for Dave Owen here:
Dave Owen - Police Check (PDF)
To request a police check for your own leaders you'll need to apply to the Ministry of Justice. For details visit www.justice.govt.nz/criminal-records